|Engineering Meetings Authors and Volunteers|
Author ResourcesWhy publish your research with SAE International? Volunteer Training Modules for Authors SAE International's technical paper publishing process follows these steps. Clicking each box will direct you to the appropriate resources:
Submit an Abstract
The abstract is what readers review first in order to decide whether the paper is relevant to their work and whether the paper deserves further study. The abstract should provide clear and concise statements on the contents of the paper. It should contain information on what the work is about; how the work is different from other previously-published, related work; a brief discussion on the novelty of the work; the methodology that has been followed; and the theory that has been used to complete the work. The abstract is a self-standing document and should not include references, footnotes, figures (or references to them), or tables (or references to them). It should include brief findings, solutions, impacts, and concluding remarks of the work. The abstract should be written in one paragraph and it should be less than 250 words.
- Learn More about Submitting an Abstract
- Call for Papers
- Session descriptions, titles, and topics are always evolving. Please review all the session titles and descriptions within the Technology Track before selecting the most appropriate session for your abstract.
Submit your Manuscript
- How To Write an SAE International Technical Paper*
- Peer Review Process Flowchart*
- SAE International Style Guide (Full Version)*
- General Guidelines*
- Sections of an SAE Technical Paper*
- Other Elements of an SAE Technical Paper
- Styles of the SAE Technical Paper Template*
- Appendix A - Sample References*
- Appendix B - Color Guidelines*
- Request for Permission to Reprint Material*
- Formatting Citations*
- Technical Paper Formatting FAQ*
- Translations/Editing Services
- There are a variety of different editing and translation providers that can help you edit or proof your manuscript. While SAE International does not endorse these vendors, nor do we guarantee acceptance of a submission edited by any of these vendors, we do provide a list of translations services for our authors to use:
- Final Manuscript Checklist*
Upload your Manuscript
- MyTechZone Help*
- Uploading your Revised Review Ready Manuscript
- To streamline the process for the second round of reviews please include a written response to each of the reviewers' comments explaining what changes have been made or, if a change was not made, justifying why it was not addressed. This "rebuttal" should be attached as additional pages to the end of the revised draft. With these comments the second round of reviews should go quickly.
Prepare your Presentation
For SAE Congresses and Conferences, draft presentations are due to be uploaded in MyTechZone 3 weeks prior to the start date of the event. Oral only presentations are due to be uploaded 6 weeks prior to the event. Final presentations must be uploaded to MyTechZone one day prior to the start date of the session and brought with you on a memory stick on-site. Organizers and session chairs are responsible for reviewing draft presentations in order to ensure presentations are void of commercialism and are the proper length.
* This is a .pdf file. You'll need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view it.