Reviewer Instructions: SAE Technical Paper Review Process
Instructions for Technical Paper Reviewers:
Thank you for volunteering to review SAE technical papers. Your evaluation of draft manuscripts will assist in determining if papers are of sufficient quality for SAE Publications and possible awards.
- Your contact information will appear on screen. You will then be prompted to enter your meeting password and the paper offer number.
- Enter the meeting password provided to you by the session organizer. Enter the paper offer number exactly as it appears, and click Proceed.
- You will be taken to the evaluation page. Please be certain that this web page reflects the document you want to evaluate. Paper title, author and paper offer number should correspond to the draft manuscript you received from the organizer.
- Select the description which indicates your professional experience and knowledge in evaluating this paper - well qualified, moderately qualified, or minimally qualified.
- Carefully examine the manuscript to determine if you've seen the content of this paper elsewhere, and choose the corresponding selection.
- Rate the Manuscript: Considering the paper as a whole, decide whether the paper is
- Approved if modified, or
- If you chose 'Approved', continue with your evaluation and complete the Judgment Basis Scores. Consider each category carefully and choose the appropriate score from the drop-down menu by clicking on the arrow at the right of each entry field.
- If you chose 'Approved if modified', complete the Judgment Basis Scores. Consider each category carefully and choose the appropriate score from the drop-down menu by clicking on the arrow at the right of each entry field. You MUST complete the Comments box as well. PLEASE NOTE: You will be sent any revised manuscripts for final Judgment Basis Scoring.
- If you chose 'Disapproved', do not fill in the Judgment Basis Scores. However, you MUST provide rationale for your grade in the Comments box.
- When you have finished, click Submit.
- You will receive a page notifying you that your submission has been received.
If you wish to review another paper(s), please click the button indicating so. The process will reiterate.